Hey guys! Today I am really excited to finally share pictures of my new Cleo pinafore dungaree dress!!! This is my very first Cleo, and I am stoked about how it has turned out! Check out the pattern here on the Tilly and the Buttons site :)
I chose this autumnal floral fabric from my stash (bought second hand and coveted for quite some time..) and made bias binding from some golden/mustard linen for the seams. Because the Cleo pattern is so simple and well drafted it is easy to spend time on the little things - like making the insides pretty, and pattern matching the crap out of your pockets! :)
I pretty much kept to the pattern instructions - except to remove the front and back seams because of the pretty floral stripe in the fabric I have used. To do this I simply left off the seam allowance and cut each peice on the fold instead, easy!
See below for a photo overload of the Cleo being worn! :)
Pretty stoked with this dress - it has definitely become one of my favourites! I highly recommend the Cleo to anyone sitting on the fence - its a great pattern, and so much fun to make! I'll be making it again soon.. I have the perfect navy blue floral corduroy that will be perfect for winter!
P.S if you want to see another version of a dungaree dress click here to see my Turia (one of the first posts I made!).