I cut up the pattern so that I could alternate the stripes at the top and added a little seam allowance each piece. Other than that I followed the pattern instructions and the Akita pattern hack that I posted a couple of weeks ago - click here to see the full tutorial.
See below for where I've cut the top to make a block with alternative stripes. Drawing by Seamwork Magazine and drawn on by Salt & Stitch.
Here's a photo fest of how I wore this to work today:
You can kind of see below that I made the top blocking out of two pieces - as I actually ran out of fabric.. whoops! But i'm happy enough with how it has turned out - I don't think you notice too much.
I'm really happy with the final result - its something that I will wear again and again!
Thanks for visiting!